Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Reviews for Butterfly Unpinned

Bonnie and I were pleased to read these.

5 Cups from Regina at Coffee Time Romance:

This story does a great job of showing both the worst and the best of the BDSM world, and the line is very clearly drawn by the authors. They absolutely nailed life on the reservation, what it is like, as well as, how the Navaho are. I especially enjoyed reading about how Bryan's family accepted and even wanted to help Sylvia, even going so far as to include her in ceremonies which as a Native person myself, I thought was extremely appropriate and accurate given her background. I also really loved how Bryan treated Sylvia, how their relationship developed over time, and just how they loved each other. This is one you want to add to your keeper shelves, I know I am!

Smokin' - 4 Wine Glasses from Natalie at IReadRomance:

I recommend this book to anyone who would like to see inside the minds of those that live and play in the BDSM community. The psychology behind the decisions of each character is so intricate and overall the tale definitely opened my eyes. I learned many things reading this and was very pleased with the growth that the heroine and hero portrayed to create a believable contemporary relationship. A warning that the scenes are meltingly hot and an SM one even made me wince with its graphic detail. Kudos to both authors on this joint effort.

9 our 10 Stars from BookUtopiaMom at Uniquely Pleasureable:

The balance of Butterfly's fragility and Bryan’s savior complex is a careful one, as is the dark sensuality prevalent in the first half with the deeper, heart-stopping eroticism of the second.... When the end of the year rolls around, I wouldn't be surprised to see [Bryan] on my list of favorite heroes of the year. He is the real heart of this book for me, and pushes this darkly sensual, unrestrained romance into a keeper status regardless of my other misgivings.

And from Mrs. Giggles:

Do I believe that they are in love? I believe I do, yes. This story is very readable.... This one isn't just about the erotic jollies, it's also about the characters finding themselves in the process.

The reviews for BU have been very thoughtful and balanced, more so than most I've ever received for other titles of mine. Is that because it's longer? Not sure, but I was worried over how Butterfly's treatment by Gary would be received, but people seem to understand how this works in the story.

No comments: